- PLACING AN ORDER -
- By phone - Often still the best way to place your order, especially if you need overnight delivery or assistance with product selection. Please have all the payment account information at hand when you call.
- Online -
- Use the secure form to transmit the sensitive payment details.
- If it is a complex order, however, you are encouraged to put the items in your order and the address to which it will be sent in a separate email message.
- We will send a confirmation of your order (not just an automated response), together with the package tracking number for UPS or FedEx shipments.
- In the event that we do not have an item in your order in stock, we will advise you of the time it is expected to arrive here.
- If you wish to ship your order via overnight shipping (or have other complex delivery needs), please call.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS -
Payment may be made by credit card (American Express, Visa, Mastercard or Discover); U.S. Postal money order or certified check. Sorry, no C.O.D.'s or personal checks for "mail-order" items. If paying by credit card, please have the following information at hand when you call:
- Card issuer (American Express, Discover, Visa or Mastercard).
- Account number.
- Expiration date.
- Name (as it is imprinted on card).
- Address to which the bill is sent (if different from shipping address).
- Home telephone number.
- Daytime telephone number
- E-mail address
- For American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover, please also provide the "Card Identification Number" (see illustrations below) -
Card Identification Number
|For American Express, the four digit number on the front (above the raised account number)
||For Visa, Mastercard and Discover, the last three digits printed on the back of the card
If you're paying by money order or certified check, please make it payable to Business Cycles, and send it to us at 16709 Old Cutler Road, Miami, Florida 33157.
- SHIPPING -
- Domestic (U.S) orders - You may elect to have your order shipped to you via any service offered by U.P.S., FedEx or the United States Postal Service. Whatever the shipping charges are will be added to the merchandise total of your order.
- If you receive merchandise that is damaged in shipping, please save the box and packing material and call the nearest office of the shipper (U.P.S. or FedEx) immediately. Please inform me straight away as well.
- International orders - Are shipped via US Postal Service (using a service they call "Express Mail International") unless you have instructed us otherwise. As with domestic orders, we add only the actual shipping charges to your order total, but you are responsible to pay any tariffs, duties or customs or brokerage fees (if any).
- TAXES -
- No tax is charged for orders sent outside the state of Florida.
- Orders sent to Florida addresses must have the Sunshine State's sales tax added.
- RETURN POLICY - We will, of course replace (or refund the purchase price in full) any item found to be defective. In the event that you receive the wrong merchandise through our error, we will similarly correct the situation at no additional cost to you. If you have an item to return, please contact me to make the appropriate arrangements. Do not just send it back "C.O.D." (the delivery will be refused).
However (and it's a big "however"), if you simply ordered the wrong stuff, we expect that you will be bear the cost of returning the goods to us at your expense. If you are returning an item (other than defective) that we would not consistently keep in our inventory, we also reserve the right to deduct shipping charges from (and back to) the source from whom the merchandise was ordered. Any "restocking" fees charged by the manufacturer or distributor to us may also be deducted from your refund. Tubular tires that have been glued to a rim are never returnable (so check 'em before you mount 'em). Anything custom is yours to keep unless its maker can be convinced otherwise. Something that you might bugger up in artless installation doesn't necessarily mean it was "defective", so any item you seek to return must be unused and undamaged. All merchandise offered by mail is covered only by whatever warranty is extended by its manufacturer.
As a full-service shop owner I have spent a considerable amount of time cautioning riders about the potential limitations of buying "by mail". I believe that the return policy above is consistent with the real world practices of the majority of cycling "mail-order" operations for items outside of the most common hardware, even though their procedures may not be as plainly or fully set forth for you to review. I strive always to treat people fairly - asking only that if an error is made on your part, that you shoulder your share of making things right.